The conversation went like this…
Ok, it’s time for dessert.
What do you want?
I guess it’s time to pull that cake out of the freezer, maybe we can get it out of the pan without shredding it.
You think it will fall apart?
Dunno, it’s frozen so it will be firmer when it comes to take it out of that silicone ring.
Ok, so I’ll make glaze…
Yeah, Mom’s Vanilla Glaze.
Aww but we have all that caramel!
Nope, I want Vanilla Glaze. How about half and half?
I think I’d end up with the caramel half only and that vanilla glaze is so very sweet. Good but sweet!
It went back and forth like that for a while, and I lost. The reality is that this is a good glaze but yeah really very sweet. I would have made half the amount for this cake. It’s sweet enough with rainbow Jimmies and Chocolate Chips suspended in the batter.
The recipe goes like this:
- 2 cups 10x or Confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yeah it’s basically sugar.
- To a pan on very low heat, add the 2 Tablespoons each of milk and butter while constantly stirring until the butter melts.
- Add the mixture to the 2 cups 10x sugar in a bowl stirring constantly until smooth.
- Mix in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Thin with a few drops of milk if it is too thick.
- Ice the cake allowing the glaze to drip down the sides if desired.