Ok, this is easy.
The Recipe comes from “playing around” with food in the kitchen. No “cooking” so it’s safe for all ages, even you non cookers.
The recipe would work better in an ice cream freezer but I literally just tossed the mixed yogurt in the freezer. It was a bit “Crunchy” but it tasted awesome.
I guess it would be fine not frozen too, maybe I’ll try it that way.
At about 220 calories for 9 ounces, it’s a saving over the usual 400-800 calories for a regular ice cream of the same size.
- 8 ounces (225g) unsweetened and unflavored yogurt (recipe)
- 2/3 ounces (21g) honey
- 1 tablespoon of Rose’s Sweetened Lime Juice
- Optional: I added 3 packets of Sweet N Low for a sweeter kick
Add all ingredients to a container and mix until smooth.
- Freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Hint: If you mix it while it is freezing it will be smoother and less ice will form
- Chip away and enjoy.
The Rose’s Sweetened Lime Juice is common in drinks and bars. I know I got it at one point for some drink recipe but it was lingering in the fridge. It’s basically simple syrup flavored with lime concentrate.
If Lime is not your favorite, Lemon Curd (recipe) would work as well as other favorite flavors.
This reminds me … I need to make more Lemon Curd since I have Grapefruit for that task!